Young people who are typically accepted for placement in the Assurance Home therapeutic group home are those who:
- Have been abused and/or neglected.
- Who have moderate behavioral and/or emotional problems that require treatment.
- Have experienced childhood trauma such as Domestic Violence.
- Have been exposed to negative living situations with drug abuse and/or crime.
- Have been abandoned and are homeless.
- Have had multiple placements or difficulty adjusting to family environments.
- Have had little or no involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Male or female.
- Are 13 to 17 years of age.
- Are Medicaid eligible.
Although most of our young people fit the above criteria, there are certainly exceptions. If you feel a child may benefit from the therapeutic environment offered at Assurance Home but have questions about the appropriateness of a referral, we hope that you will call and talk it over with us.